Sunday, March 26, 2017

Steenee -- Sun and Moon Pokemon Card Review

Steenee Sun and Moon Pokemon Card
Pokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Steenee from the Sun and Moon Pokemon Card set.  Steenee is a Stage 1, grass type Pokemon card, with a HP of 90.  It has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost.  Steenee does not have an Ability but it does have two moves.  The first move that this card has is called Sweet Scent, for one grass energy card, this move heals 30 damage from one of your Pokemon.  Steenee's second move is called Stomp and for two colorless energy cards, this move does 20 damage, plus 20 more damage if you get a heads when flipping a coin.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since Steenee is a Stage 1 Pokemon card, you'll first have to get Bounsweet into play (I reviewed Bounsweet from this set yesterday) and then evolve Bounsweet into Steenee.  Bounsweet does have a Stage 2 evolution in Tsareena, which I'll be reviewing tomorrow, that you'll probably want to use with this Pokemon line but since I haven't reviewed that card yet, the strategy below will act like Steenee is the final evolution in this line.  So if you read my review of Bounsweet, you'll know that I thought it was an average Basic Pokemon card overall.  It had a solid HP, low retreat cost, and two quick attacking moves, I liked that it could do damage or heal damage from a Pokemon.  So knowing this about Bounsweet and looking at this Steenee card, both cards have the same move, Sweet Scent, other than that, the only difference in moves is that Steenee can do up to 40 damage with Stomp instead of only 10 damage with Bounsweet.  So, if building a grass type deck, I would either just use Bounsweet as a starter type Pokemon, or, if you're already using 4 Double Colorless energy cards in your deck, I could see using a 2-2 line of Bounsweet and Steenee, that way you could use one right away, and set one up on the bench.  But for the most part, even though I would say Steenee is average overall, I probably wouldn't use this line without using Tsareena.

Pokemon Card Rating:  
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating.  In my opinion this is an average to slightly below average Stage 1 Pokemon card from the Sun and Moon set.  I like that this card has a solid HP and two moves, but I am not a huge fan of the amount of damage that this card can do, because without some luck, only being able to do 20 damage a turn isn't much.  Combined, since both cards received 3 ratings from me individually, I'll give both cards a 3 out of 5 rating combined.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Steenee from the Sun and Moon set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Bounsweet's Stage 2 evolution in Tsareena, which is from this same set.  Make sure to check below for the Free Pokemon TCG Online Codes!

Free Pokemon TCG Online Code Cards:
Today's Quiz for a Pokemon TCG Online Code Card --
At what level does Steenee evolve into Tsareena?
Please respond with the correct answer and a link to your YouTube channel. 24 hours from now I will be randomly selecting a correct response to my question and sending a private message to this person with a free code on YouTube.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DRANE-X said...

Evolves via level-up knowing Stomp ok? right? Thank you to all the affection and congratulate you for the work done well on behalf of all pokemon fans and I am working to mass disseminate your work that is done without due recognition congratulations! my channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN57VCfvduS1N7h7GiPrxIw

thank you

Unknown said...

Evolves at level thirty because at level 29 it learns stomp which causes it to evolve