Saturday, April 14, 2012

Palpitoad -- Noble Victories Pokemon Card Review

Palpitoad Pokemon Card Noble Victories SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Palpitoad from the Noble Victories set. This is a stage 1, water type Pokemon card that evolves from Tympole and into Seismitoad. Palpitoad has an hp of 80, a x2 weakness to grass type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost. Palpitoad doesn't have an Ability but it does have two moves, the first move is called Mud Shot which does 20 damage for one water energy card. Palpitoad's second move is called Round and for three colorless energy cards, it does 20 damage times the number of Pokemon on your bench that have the Round Attack.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, since this is a stage 1 Pokemon card that evolves into a Stage 2 Pokemon card you'll want to evolve Palpitoad into Seismitoad as soon as possible, but if you're forced to use Palpitoad I would use Mud Shot every turn since it only requires one energy card and avoids having to put three energy cards on a Pokemon that may get knocked out before you can evolve it since it has a low hp for a stage 1 card. I would only use Round if I stacked my deck with other Pokemon that know the Round move, but I wouldn't base my deck around this strategy.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 1 out of 5 rating. This card reminds me why I usually don't review Uncommon cards, usually these cards are stage 1 Pokemon that fill the gap between the basic and stage 2 evolution, so these cards are filler cards that aren't well thought out or very powerful, and this Palpitoad card is no exception, I would run as far away as possible from this card and only have 1 or 2 in my deck max if I wanted to use Seismitoad in my deck. This card just can't do much damage and with a low hp can very quickly get knocked out.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Palpitoad from the Noble Victories set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Tirtouga from the same set.

No comments: