Friday, October 28, 2011

Sceptile #31/99 -- Arceus Pokemon Card Review

Sceptile #31/99 Pokemon Card Arceus SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Sceptile from the Arceus set. This is the second of two Sceptile cards I will be reviewing from this set. This is a stage 2, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 130. It has a +30 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to water type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. This Sceptile doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Leaf Supply and for one Grass energy card this move does 30 damage and allows you to attach a basic energy card from your hand to one of your Pokemon. Sceptile's second move is called Dual Cut which takes three energy cards, one grass and two colorless, and does 70 damage times the number of heads you get when you flip two coins.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I would consider putting one of each Sceptile into my deck so depending on the strategy of my opponent I could choose which Sceptile I want to use. I would put the three energy cards on Sceptile on the bench and if my opponent puts in a Pokemon with a high hp I would move this Sceptile card in and use Dual Cut and hope to do 140 damage every turn. I wouldn't use Leaf Supply unless 30 damage would knock out the defending Pokemon or I need to quickly set up a benched Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating. Both Sceptile cards that I have reviewed are quite similar and I don't have any opinion on which one is better, I would suggest going with one of each and in the moment of the game choose which version to use. This card is a little risky since you may end up not being able to do any damage if you get two tails but that is the risk you'll have to be willing to take.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Sceptile from the Arceus set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Spiritomb from the Arceus set.

No comments: