Thursday, October 20, 2011

Omastar -- Arceus Pokemon Card Review

Omastar Pokemon Card Arceus SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Omastar from the Arceus set. This is a stage 2, water type Pokemon card, with an hp of 120. It has a +30 weakness to grass type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. Omastar doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Time Spiral and for two colorless energy cards it allows you to choose one of your opponent's evolved Pokemon, take the highest stage Pokemon card from the Pokemon and put it into your opponent's deck. Omastar's second move is called Primal Tentacles which does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each Helix Fossil, Dome Fossil, and Old Amber you have in your discard pile for only two energy cards, one each of water and colorless.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, let me say right away I wouldn't use this card in my deck, however if I did, I would keep it on my bench and wait for my opponent to put into the active Pokemon spot a stage 2 Pokemon, I would then put Omastar into play and use Time Spiral, then retreat Omastar the next turn. That is pretty much all I would use it for, so like I said, for a stage 2 Pokemon, with only this single use I wouldn't use this card in a deck.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 1 out of 5 rating. This card can really only do anything if you give it time to actually get Omastar evolved from the fossil. And when you do get Omastar fully evolved it can't do much unless you have discarded a lot of fossils previously or your opponent based his deck around evolutions.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Omastar from the Arceus set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Pelipper from the Arceus set.

No comments: