Monday, September 26, 2011

Ferrothorn #72/98 -- Emerging Powers Pokemon Card Review

Ferrothorn Emerging Powers set Pokemon CardPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card Review is of Ferrothorn from the Emerging Powers set. This is one of the two Ferrothorn cards in this deck, for now I will be only reviewing this one since the other Ferrothorn in this deck is an uncommon card. This is a stage 1, metal type Pokemon card with an hp of 90. It has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to psychic type Pokemon, and a two colorless energy card retreat cost. Ferrothorn doesn't have an Ability, but it does have two moves, the first move is called Steel Feelers which takes one metal energy card and does 30 damage time sthe number of heads you get when you flip three coins. Ferrothorn's second move is called Gyro Ball which does the standard 60 damage for three energy cards, in this case one metal energy and two colorless energy cards. After using this move both you and your opponent must switch out your active Pokemon with one of your benched Pokemon.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, I would probably only use this card for Steel Feelers. But if I were to use Gyro Ball I would use it like this: I would get Ferrothorn out as soon as possible and while using Steel Feelers I would set up my benched Pokemon, if I weren't knocked out after a turn or two I would add the necessary energy cards, then use Gyro Ball and switch Ferrothorn out with one of the Pokemon I had set up on my bench while I was stalling with Ferrothorn.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating. This card is very average, it has average hp, and does the average damage for three energy cards. Nothing stands out to me about this card, I probably wouldn't use this card in my deck.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's Pokemon card review of Ferrothorn from the Emerging Powers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's card review of Klinklang from the Emerging Powers set.

No comments: