Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mismagius GL -- Rising Rivals Pokemon Card Review

Mismagius GL Pokemon Card Rising Rivals SetPokemon Card Overview:
Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Mismagius GL from the Rising Rivals set, this is a basic, psychic type Pokemon with an hp of 80. It has a x2 weakness to darkness type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to normal type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. Mismagius GL does not have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, its first move is called Psychic Removal and for one psychic energy card it does 10 damage and if you get two heads when you flip two coins you can remove all energy cards from the defending Pokemon. Mismagius GL's other move is called Grudge and for two energy cards, one each of colorless and psychic it does 20 damage plus 10 more damage for each prize card your opponent has taken.

Pokemon Card Strategy:
So as far as strategy goes, there are two times when I would like to use this card, the first would be against a Pokemon that has a lot of energy attached to it, I would then use Psychic Removal and hope to remove all the energy cards from the Pokemon. The second situation I would use Mismagius GL in would be late in the game when my opponent has already taken 4 to 5 prize cards, that way I could use Grudge and do 60 or 70 damage every turn for only two energy cards.

Pokemon Card Rating:
I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating, it is definitely the best SP Pokemon card that I've reviewed on my blog so I have to give it a better score than the other ones. I like how it doesn't require that much energy to attack and that it can actually affect the defending Pokemon quite significantly, especially for only being a basic Pokemon with a low hp.

Tomorrow's Pokemon Card:
So thanks for reading today's review of Mismagius GL from the Rising Rivals set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Rampardos GL from the same set.

No comments: