Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pokemon Card of the Day: Unfezant (Black and White)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Unfezant from the Black and White set. This is a stage 2, normal type Pokemon and it is the final evolution of Pidove. Unfezant has an hp of 120, a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. It has two moves, the first move is called Fly and for two colorless energy cards it does 50 damage and when using this move you have to flip a coin and if you get heads all effects of an attack are prevented next turn on Unfezant, if you flip a tails however this move does nothing. Unfezant's second move is called Cutting Wind and does 70 damage for three colorless energy cards. As far as strategy goes, since this card is a normal type you can use it in any deck. I would actually prefer to use Cutting Wind over Fly because it does more damage and it will hit every time, I think that Fly is too risky, the only time I would ever consider using Fly would be if I would feint the next turn if I didn't retreat and even then you have a 50/50 chance of being able to use Fly or not, I would probably still use Cutting Wind and just get knocked out the next turn. I would give this card a 3 out of 5, I do like that it does more than the standard 60 damage for three energy cards but I do not like at all that Fly doesn't do anything at all if you get a tails. So if you're looking to find a stage 2 Pokemon to fill your deck that has the possibility of being somewhat dominant I would definitely consider this card. So thanks for reading today's review of Unfezant from the Black and White set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Cinccino from the same set.

2 comments:

kk775533 said...

i love that card

Charizard37 said...

Audino is the like the new Chansey.