Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pokemon Card of the Day: Bellossom (Legends Awakened)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Bellossom from the Legends Awakened set. This is a stage 2, grass type Pokemon card, with an hp of 100. It has a +30 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to water Pokemon, and a one colorless energy card retreat cost. This card doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Parallel Grain and for one grass energy card, Bellossom does 30 damage plus you get to remove 1 damage counter from each of your Pokemon. Bellossom's second move is called Blend Pollen which take 2 energy cards, one each of grass and colorless, and this move does 40 damage plus 20 more damage for each Vileplume and Bellossom you have in play. You can also flip a coin when you use this move and if you get a heads the defending Pokemon is not poisoned. As far as strategy goes I would recommend making this card or this evolution as a whole the basis of your deck that way you could use the other Vileplume and Bellossom cards in play with the Blend Pollen move. If you do include this many stage 2 Pokemon cards in play you'll want to have supporters/trainers that let you search your deck for evolution cards so you can get these stage 2 Pokemon into play faster. To me at least I wouldn't necessarily base a deck around this card, I would definitely take a look at Vileplume to see if it is better but I would use Bellossom in the deck to heal my other Pokemon, I would include many Pokemon in this deck with low retreat costs that way if they get damage on them I could retreat them for free or one energy card maximum and move in Bellossom and then remove 10 damage from all my damaged benched Pokemon. I would give this card a 3 out of 5, to me this card isn't anything special, I do like how it can heal Pokemon and its low retreat and attack costs but at the same time, its moves aren't Stage 2 Pokemon caliber and it has a very low hp which makes me weary about spending the time to play this card if it could be knocked out so quick. So thanks for reading today's review of Bellossom from the Legends Awakened set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Cradily from the same set.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i want that card so bad looks so good + oddish and gloom and vilplume and bellsome are my fave pokemon