Monday, December 27, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Tyrogue (Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Tyrogue from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, this is a basic, fighting type Pokemon card with an hp of 30. Because it is a baby Pokemon, Tyrogue has no resistance, weakness, or retreat cost. It also has the usual Poke-Body called Sweet Sleeping Face which says that all damage is prevented on Tyrogue from attacks as long as it is asleep. Tyrogue's only move is called Mischievous Punch which requires no energy and does an amazing 30 damage, which if done on Tyrogue itself would knock it out. After doing the move Tyrogue is asleep. So as far as strategy goes I would think about including one of these cards in a deck of mine, that way if I did have it in my hand right away to start the game I could hopefully do 30 damage to the defending Pokemon right away and then continue to use Tyrogue until I get my benched Pokemon equipped with the necessary energy cards. So I would rate this card a 3 out of 5, in my opinion it is a pretty decent baby Pokemon, I probably wouldn't ever use it to evolve into any of the Hitmon Pokemon though, I would just throw it in my deck to try and set up the rest of my cards. It does do quite a bit of damage for a baby Pokemon though, and with most basic Pokemon out there with 60 hp or less, if you get this Pokemon right off the bat in the game, you may be able to knock out a Pokemon or two with it. So thanks for reading today's review of Tyrogue from the Heart Gold/Soul Silver set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Weezing from the same set.

No comments: