Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Celebi (Triumphant)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Celebi from the Triumphant set. Make sure if you haven't already to check out my Celebi Prime review that I did a couple of weeks ago. Celebi is a basic, psychic type Pokemon card with an hp of 70. It has a x2 weakness to psychic type Pokemon, no resistance to and a 1 colorless energy card retreat cost. Once again this card doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves. The first move is called Future Sight and this move requires 1 psychic energy card and lets you look at either yours or your opponent's deck and rearrange the top 5 cards in any way you like. Celebi's second move is called Leaf Bind and this move requires two energy cards, 1 each of grass and colorless and this move does 30 hp damage and you flip a coin when you use this move and if you get heads the defending Pokemon is now paralyzed. So as far as strategy goes the only reason I would use this card is to use future sight once and then retreat Celebi and keep it on my bench until I need to use Future Sight again. I mean you could use Leaf Bind but it requires a grass energy which doesn't make sense on a psychic type card, so I would just stick with the psychic move. I would more than likely look at my own deck when using Future Sight so I could rearrange it the way I like, that way if I knew I needed a lot of energy cards I would stack all of them I see out of the first 5 first. The reason I wouldn't look at my opponent's deck is because it may help to look at it to see what cards they have but you really don't know what your opponent is really needing and you may end up making their top 5 cards in a better order than they were before. I would rate this card a 2 out of 5 because the only reason for this card is Future Sight other than that there is no need for this card at all. So thanks for reading today's review of Celebi from Triumphant stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Drapion from Triumphant.

No comments: