Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Blaziken (Great Encounters)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Blaziken from the Great Encounters set. This is a stage 2, fire type Pokemon card with an hp of 130. Blaziken has a +30 weakness to water type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a low retreat cost of one colorless energy card. Unfortunately Blaziken doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, the first move is called Fire Dance and for one colorless energy card this move does 30 damage it also lets you search your discard pile for a fire energy card and lets you attach it to one of your Pokemon. This move goes extremely well with Blaziken's other move called Flame Kick which requires 3 energy cards, two fire and one colorless, this move does 80 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon but you have to discard 2 fire energy cards in order to use this move. So as far as strategy goes I wouldn't keep this card on the bench long, I would get at least two energy cards on it then put it as my active Pokemon, if I had only two energy cards on it I would use Fire Dance and attach the fire energy card you get from that move to Blaziken so the next turn I could use Flame Kick, I would always make sure to have at least one energy card in my hand to attach to Blaziken so I could use Flame Kick every other turn. When I would use Flame Kick I would probably try and one hit knock out my opponent's weak benched Pokemon so I could win the game faster. I would give this card a 4 out of 5 rating because it has a good hp, low retreat cost, and two moves that work very well together, plus I like how you can do 80 damage to any of your opponent's Pokemon not just the active one. So thanks for reading today's review of Blaziken from Great Encounters stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another Great Encounters card.

No comments: