Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Blaine's Charizard (Gym Challenge)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Blaine's Charizard from the Gym Challenge set. This is a stage 2, fire type Pokemon card, with an hp of 100. It has a x2 weakness to water type Pokemon, a -30 resistance to fighting type Pokemon, and a retreat cost of 3 colorless energy cards. Charizard doesn't have a Poke-Power but it does have two moves, the first move is called Roaring Flames and this move requires 1 fire energy card and does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each additional fire energy card attached to Charizard, but no matter how many energy cards you have attached to Charizard you have to discard all the fire ones when you use this move. Charizard's second move is called Flame Jet and you have to flip a coin and if you get heads you can do 40 damage to any of the opponent's Pokemon for only two fire energy cards. As far as strategy goes I would try and use Flame Jet as often as possible even though you only have a 50% chance of being able to use it but with these older Pokemon cards Pokemon have lower hp so most Pokemon will be knocked out in two moves or less. I would then stack up Charizard if I knew my opponent had a high hp Pokemon or a powerful one that you wanted to knock out right away, then once I get all that energy on Charizard I would use Roaring Flames to knock out that Pokemon in one move. So like I will be saying with a lot of these older cards I can't really rate them but I do like that fact with this card that it does have a decent hp and that you can attack benched Pokemon with this card. So thanks for reading today's review of Blaine's Charizard from Gym Challenge stay tuned for another Charizard card tomorrow.

No comments: