Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Articuno (Majestic Dawn)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Articuno from the Majestic Dawn set. This card is a basic, water type Pokemon card with an hp of 100. It has a x2 weakness to metal type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to fighting type Pokemon and a retreat cost of 2 colorless energy cards. Articuno's Poke-Power is called Freezing Screech and this power can be used when you put Articuno from you hand to your bench, you may flip a coin and if it is heads one of the defending Pokemon is paralyzed. Articuno's only move is called Blizzard and that move requires 3 energy cards, two water and one colorless, and this move does 60 damage plus you have to flip a coin and if you get heads it does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon and if you get tails it does 10 damage to each of your Pokemon. So as far as strategy goes I would try and place Articuno on my bench when you know your opponent is going to do a powerful move the next turn that way you have a 50% chance of stopping that attack. As far as attacking goes it is straightforward since Articuno only has one move. I would try and not have too many Pokemon on my bench when I use Blizzard since doing 10 damage a couple of turns in a row to my own Pokemon will definitely make it easier for my opponent to win. I would give this card a 3 out of 5 rating because it is very average, you can only use its Poke-Power once and although Blizzard does do a fair amount of damage I don't like that it could end up doing damage to your own Pokemon. So thanks for reading today's review of Articuno from Majestic Dawn stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another Majestic Dawn card.

No comments: