Friday, August 27, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Weavile (Undaunted)


Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Weavile from the Undaunted set. This is a stage 1, dark type Pokemon card with an hp of 80. Unfortunately Weavile has a x2 weakness to fighting type Pokemon, but on the bright side it does have a -20 resistance to psychic type Pokemon and no retreat cost so you can move this card in and out of your active Pokemon spot as often as you like. Weavile's Poke-Power is called Claw Snag and this power lets you look at your opponent's hand and discard one of the cards in it, you can only use this power once when you evolve one of your Pokemon into Weavile. Weavile's only move is called Feint Attack and this move takes two energy cards, one each of darkness and colorless. This move always does 30 hp damage no matter what, it doesn't consider weakness, resistance, etc. So as far as strategy goes with this card, I really wouldn't use it in my deck, but if I were using it, I would wait awhile into the game to evolve my Pokemon into Weavile that way more than likely my opponent will have a card in their hand that they really want to use and then I will be able to discard it using Weavile's Poke-Power, another indicator I would look at when I'm deciding when to evolve Sneasel, is to do it right after my opponent uses a supporter or trainer card to get a special Pokemon card, like a Legend, Prime, or Lv. X card. I would rate this card a 2 out of 5 because the only thing worth using on this card is its Poke-Power, because Feint Attack isn't anything special for 2 energy cards, also 80 hp and a x2 weakness is just way to weak for me to use it. So if you really want to use this card I would evolve Sneasel, use the Poke-Power and then let the card sit on your bench the rest of the game. So thanks for reading today's review of Weavile, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another Undaunted card.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have this in one of the decks I play. It makes for a great starter (sneasel) and piling on Darkness Energy, you can evolve it and snipe the bench for 40/50/60/70 (depending on how many Darkness Energy you can grab). Not perfect, but against an opponent who is buying time or puts a tank as his active, it can be devastating!