Monday, August 16, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Scizor Prime (Undaunted)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Scizor Prime from the Undaunted set. This is a stage 1, steel type, Prime card with an hp of 100. Scizor has a x2 weakness to fire type Pokemon, a -20 resistance to Psychic type Pokemon and a retreat cost of 2 colorless energy cards. This card has a Poke-Body and one move, Scizor's Poke-Body is entitled Red Armor and this Body says that all damage done to Scizor by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon with any special energy cards attached to them is prevented. I can see this Poke-Body being very powerful against Legend cards where they have many types to them so if a deck is based around them they more than likely are going to be using special energy cards. Scizor's only move is called Metal Scissors and this move takes 2 energy cards, 1 colorless and 1 metal, and does 30 damage plus 20 more damage for each metal energy card attached to Scizor. As far as strategy goes I would save this card to play until my opponent has a special energy card in play, if they aren't using special energy cards I would leave this card on my bench or in my hand, I would stack up the metal energy cards on this card so that I could do maximum amounts of damage to the defending Pokemon with Metal Scissors. I would rate this card a 3 out of 5 because to me it is very average and the Poke-Body although really good, is only good if you are against an opponent using special energy cards. So thanks for reading today's review of Scizor Prime from the Undaunted set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of an Undaunted holo card, any suggestions?

5 comments:

POPDaily said...

Umbreon (Non-Prime) or Togekiss.

Unknown said...

Are u still wanting to trade for a luxray LVL X I have one ill trade it for a charizard

Ziphose said...

Man, whoever is designing these prime cards loves using the eye sparkle effect. It looks good though.

PrimetimePokemon said...

@POPDaily that is the card I will be doing tomorrow
@matmankz1 what charizard do you want and is the Luxray in mint condition?

Unknown said...

Yes the luxray came from a pack str8 to a card protector and a good charizard bc I have a charizard lvl x but no regular charizard to. Play it on. So I need a good charizard.