Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Espeon (Undaunted)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Espeon from the Undaunted set, which is officially set to release today. This is a stage 1, Psychic type Pokemon card with an hp of 90. Espeon has a x2 weakness to Psychic type Pokemon, no resistance type, and a retreat cost of 1 colorless energy card. Espeon doesn't have a Poke-Power or Poke-Body but it does have two moves, its first move is called Solar Suggestion and this move is amazing, for one Psychic energy card it lets you move 4 damage counters from any of your Pokemon to any of your opponent's Pokemon, so this move basically does 40 hp damage for 1 energy card, that is if you have 40 hp damage to move. Espeon's second move is called Psybeam and this move does 30 damage for two energy cards, one each of Psychic and colorless. Besides doing the damage, you may flip a coin when you use this move and if you get a heads the defending Pokemon is now confused. So as far as strategy goes with this card I would wait a little while before I would play this card, that way I will have 40 damage on some of my bench Pokemon that I retreated so I can use Solar Suggestion and rid that Pokemon of its damage, also if I wait longer in the game to use Espeon my opponent will probably have a powerful Pokemon set up and ready to attack with and if I flip a heads when I use Psybeam and confuse the defending Pokemon, if my opponent's tries to attack the next turn with that powerful Pokemon and flips a coin and ends up being confused that will be a big chunk of damage done to the defending Pokemon. So overall I would rank this card a 4 out of 5 because hp and weakness wise this card is pretty average but I really like both of Espeon's moves especially Solar Suggestion since it can remove 40 damage from your team for only one energy card, actually both Espeon's moves hardly require any energy at all, so this card is also extremely fast in play. So thanks for reading today's review of Espeon from Undaunted make sure and stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another holo Pokemon card from Undaunted.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

um can you do a review on smeargle (hs undaunted) or gliscor (hs undaunted)

Unknown said...

Review lugia legend. Plz

mrslif said...

primetimepokemon is the nuts