Friday, July 9, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Zapdos reprint (Supreme Victors)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Zapdos from Supreme Victors, this is one of the reprints in that set along with Articuno and Moltres. The reason I am posting this review so late today is that I already wrote a card review this morning before I had to go to work but then I finished it and noticed I had already done Articuno reprint so I had no time until now to redo it and do the reprint I hadn't done yet. So Zapdos is an electric type basic Pokemon with an hp of 70, which is pretty decent for a basic Pokemon. The best thing about this card is that it has no weakness so it won't be able to be 1 hit ko'ed very easily unless you are facing a stage 2, Lv. X, or Prime card. Besides having no weakness Zapdos has a -30 resistance to fighting type Pokemon and has a 1 colorless energy retreat cost. This card isn't very good move wise since it is a reprint. But Zapdos's only move is called Lightning Burn and this move does 30 hp damage for 3 electric energy cards. Besides doing the 30 damage you also need to flip a coin when you use this move and if the coin is heads Zapdos does 30 damage to one of your opponent's benched Pokemon as well as their active Pokemon but if the coin is tails, Zapdos does 30 damage to itself. As far as strategy goes I would definitely not use this card at all in battle since it is so bad but it is a neat card to have in your collection and a card that carries a lot of nostalgia. So thanks for reading my review of Zapdos from Supreme Victors and stay tuned for tomorrow's review.

No comments: