Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Salamence ex (EX Dragon Frontiers)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Salamence ex from the EX Dragon Frontiers set. Before I start the review I just want to say how I am excited I am to open a lot of booster boxes again, I plan on doing a big booster box opening again at the end of the summer and this card reminds me how much I want to get a Dragon Frontiers box. If any of you guys have suggestions for me of what boxes you want me to open definitely comment and tell me. Now onto the review, Salamence is a stage 2 water type ex Pokemon card with an hp of 160. It has a x2 weakness to colorless Pokemon and a resistance of -30 to both fire and fighting type Pokemon. And Salamence has a somewhat cheap retreat cost for an ex card with a cost of two colorless energy cards. I really like Salamence's Poke-Power called Type Shift which lets you change Salamence's type from water to fire for one turn. So by doing this you can basically become a Pokemon type that many many Pokemon are weak to and be able to do even more damage than Salamence can already do. Besides the Poke-Power Salamence has two moves, the first is called Claw Swipe and this move does 60 hp damage for 3 energy cards, 2 colorless and 1 water. Salamence's second move is called Dual Stream and this move takes 4 energy cards, 2 water and 2 colorless, this move does an incredible 80 hp unless you want to do 40 hp to the active Pokemon then you can do 40 more damage to one of your opponent's benched Pokemon. So as far as strategy it is really straightforward if you have 4 energy cards on Salamence definitely use Dual Stream and do the full 80 damage unless, 40 hp will knock out the Pokemon or the Pokemon is weak and it won't matter if it is out there for more than one turn. So thanks for reading my review of Salamence ex from the EX Dragon Frontiers set, stay tuned for tomorrow's review of Garchomp Lv. X from Majestic Dawn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Box suggestions: any neo set, maybe ex deoxys or emerald, and unleashed

barkleylola said...

Whats better, EX's or Level X's. For the booster box thing, EX legend maker and Pokemon Heart Gold Soul Silver UNLEASHED!!!

Tyguy said...

Do you know when HS Undaunted is coming out??? Also, how much does soul silver the game cost???

BNKD said...

Definitely Unleashed, HG/SS Base, EX Dragon Frontiers or maybe another EX or EX Delta Species.

Unknown said...

I'm definately thinkin EX Dragon Frontiers, if you find one, at a reasonable price, take it! As for the others, your call, I just think it would be awesome to see you open Dragon Frontiers. Oh wait, maybe the Dragon Set? I've only seen one opening of that ever, but a booster box of that is probably hard to find.

JayC16 said...

Ex Dragon would be good it's box toppers are holo Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard cards, you get one of the three per box.
Ex Fire Red & Leaf Green would also be good. It has a holo Charmander box topper as well.