Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Politoed (Unleashed)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Politoed from the Heart Gold Soul Silver Unleashed set. This is a stage 2 water type Pokemon that evolves from Poliwhirl that has an hp of 120 which is pretty average for a stage 2 Pokemon. Unfortunately this card has a x2 weakness to electric type Pokemon which is terrible since Luxray GL Lv. X is so popular. Politoed doesn't have a restistance type and it has a retreat cost of 2 colorless energy cards. Politoed's Poke-Power called Leap Frog makes this card very useable, Leap Frog says that once during your turn you may switch a water Pokemon from your bench and switch it with your active Pokemon so basically with Politoed in play all your water Pokemon have free retreat costs. Besides having a great Poke-Power Politoed has one move called Big Chorus which takes 3 energy cards to perform, 2 colorless and 1 water. This move does 30x damage for the number of heads you get when you flip a coin once for each water Pokemon card on your bench. So as long as you get 2 heads when you use this move Big Chorus will at least do the average damage for 3 energy cards. As far as strategy goes, I would get Politoed on my bench as soon as possible so I could make all my water Pokemon have free retreat costs, also I would wait as long as possible until my bench is full to move Politoed to my active Pokemon position so when I use Big Chorus I have the possiblity of obtaining the maximum amount of damage. So thanks for reading today's review of Politoed from Unleashed stay tuned for tomorrow's review of another holo from Unleashed, which one do you think I should do?

No comments: