Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pokemon Card of the Day: Meganium Prime (Heart Gold/Soul Silver)

Today's Pokemon Card of the Day is Meganium Prime, sorry about saying yesterday I was going to review Feraligatr Prime but I actually already reviewed that and you can read that review HERE. But anyways today's card is Meganium Prime, it has the best Hp out of all 3 Prime starters with 150 hp. But usually grass Pokemon do have higher hps. Meganium has a x2 weakness to fire which could hurt it quite a bit since Fire Pokemon are pretty prevalent but at least Meganium has a really high hp. It has a -20 resistance to water Pokemon which can help a little since Water Pokemon are pretty popular too, a 2 colorless energy retreat cost is the same as the other Prime starters, which isn't very expensive for a powerful stage 2 Pokemon card like this one. Now onto Meganium's Poke-Power Leaf Trans which allows you to transfer a grass energy card from one of your Pokemon to another as many times as you like during your turn. Meganium Prime's only move is Solarbeam does 80 hp damage for 4 energy cards, two grass and two colorless, this is an expensive move but it doesn't have any side effects so it is pretty good as long as you can get 4 energy cards on Meganium. As far as strategy goes I would wait a little while into the game to play this card, at least until you can get enough energy cards on your active Pokemon and bench Pokemon that way when you put Meganium Prime on your bench you can start moving energy cards if your active Pokemon needs to discard energy cards to execute a really powerful move. This would be the only reason I can think of to use Meganium's Poke-Power because if you wanted to put an energy card on another Pokemon you would just do that. As far as using Meganium for attacking I would use Solarbeam pretty often, you should be able to knock out quite a few Pokemon with this card once you get 4 energy cards, because 80 hp can knock out almost all basic Pokemon, and pretty much all Pokemon in 2 turns. And also Meganium has quite a high hp so it will be able to last quite a few turns without needing to use trainers or supporters to remove damage from it. So thanks again for reading this review and tomorrow I will be reviewing Charizard ex.

14 comments:

BNKD said...

Pretty good as always. I really like this reviews and your videos. They rock!

PrimetimePokemon said...

@PokemonWorldBranix thanks a lot, I appreciate your support

BNKD said...

:) I´m looking forward to Charizard ex. Charizard it´s my one of the most favourite Pokémon. Aren´t you planning some articles about Pokémon games and so on?

xxsacredrelicxx said...

I'm looking forward to Charizard ex, too. I love Charizard.

ultimateguy94 said...

Great review. I really liked your entire collection vid and your new background is very nice. A poll idea: favourite special type card, eg shining, crystal, ex, lvx, prime, legendary.

angelofdarkness07 said...

I like the HP its the attack that buggs me i don't think i would use it in a deck then again I'm not a big fan of grass type pokemon.

PrimetimePokemon said...

@ultimateguy94 thanks, I will definitely use that poll soon.

@angelofdarkness07 I know what you mean about the attack 80 hp for 4 energy isn't anything too spectacular it should at least poison the defending Pokemon or something

RX-79(G) said...

If you use this with Dawn's Stadium, can you basically cure any damage done to you?

PrimetimePokemon said...

@RX-79(G) you would still only be able to remove 1 damage counter each turn if you attach an energy card to Meganium, because in order to remove a damage counter from Meganium the energy card you move has to be from your hand not another Pokemon

RX-79(G) said...

Thanks!

Harrison.gray74 said...

Hi primetime pokemon
which prime tin would you suggest getting I found all three meganium,feraligatr and typhlosion??? and I don't know which one to pick I'm going to pick one up tomorow maybe so I'm still thinking?

Harrison.gray74 said...

Your review is great as always and keep on Maken your awesome vids:)

Unknown said...

I've got a Meganium card that shows HP750, Solarbeam 400, and retreat cost ******. I've not seen any others like this. Does anyone have any info on this card?

Silverstixpokemon said...

i just pulled tht from my suicune tin yesterday